SPLIT TEXT XL
Splits text to columns or rows in Excel.
How To Install
- To install Split Text XL, first download the free trial.
- Ensure the downloaded file is not being “blocked”, as follows:
- a ) From Windows File Explorer, go to your “Downloads” folder.
- b ) Right-click the SplitTextSetup.zip file, select Properties.
- c ) If you see an Unblock checkbox, check Unblock, then OK:
3. Unzip the SplitTextSetup.zip file, then open the SplitTextSetup.msi file. Click Next:
- If you agree, check I accept the terms of the License Agreement, then click Next:
- If desired, click Change… to change the install folder. Click Next:
- Click Install:
- Click Finish:
How To Use
- Open your Excel workbook.
- In your desired cell, type the following formula:
=SPLITTEXT(expression, delimiter, text_to_columns)
Note: Excel may not show this formula or its arguments. However, if you type it, it will work perfectly.
The arguments of the formula are as follows:
String expression containing substrings and delimiters.
String character used to identify substring limits.
To split text to columns, set to TRUE (the default); To split to rows, set to FALSE.
If cell A2 contains “John Smith”, you could split his first and last name into two columns, as follows:
=SPLITTEXT( A2 , ” ” , TRUE )
How To Adjust Security
If you have our software installed but it is not working as expected, your Office security settings may need to be configured:
- Open Microsoft Excel, then select the File menu, Options (your version may differ):
- In the left pane, select Trust Center, then click Trust Center Settings…:
- In the left pane, select Add-ins. Uncheck Disable all Application Add-ins. It is recommended to also uncheck Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher, otherwise you will be prompted to enable the SplitText add-in:
- Close and re-open Office.
- If prompted to enable the SplitText add-in, click Enable this add-in…, then click OK:
How To Uninstall
To remove Split Text XL from your computer:
- In Windows, go to Add or remove programs:
- Scroll and select Split Text XL, then click Uninstall: