How To Install
- To install Date Time Duration, first download the free trial.
- Ensure the downloaded file is not being “blocked”, as follows:
- a ) From Windows File Explorer, go to your “Downloads” folder.
- b ) Right-click the DateTimeDurationSetup.zip file, select Properties.
- c ) If you see an Unblock checkbox, check Unblock, then OK:
3. Unzip the DateTimeDurationSetup.zip file, then open the DateTimeDurationSetup.msi file. Click Next:
- If you agree, check I accept the terms of the License Agreement, then click Next:
- If desired, click Change… to change the install folder. Click Next:
- Click Install:
- Click Finish:
How To Use
- Open your Excel workbook.
- In your desired cell, type the following formula:
=DATETIMEDURATION(start_datetime, end_datetime, Unit)
Note: Excel may not show this formula or its arguments. However, if you type it, it will work perfectly.
The arguments of the formula are as follows:
The starting time (or date).
The ending time (or date).
The desired unit of time (or date). The unit may be one of the following:
- “ms” for milliseconds
- “s” for seconds
- “n” for minutes
- “h” for hours
- “d” for days
- “m” for months
- “y” for years
EXAMPLE #1 – Time elapsed, in milliseconds
Suppose you have a start time in cell B3, and an end time in cell C3. To calculate the number of milliseconds between the start & end time, use the formula:
=DATETIMEDURATION(B3, C3, “ms”)
EXAMPLE #2 – Time elapsed, in hours
Suppose you have a start time in cell B3, and an end time in cell C3. To calculate the number of hours between the start & end time, use the formula:
=DATETIMEDURATION(B3, C3, “h”)
EXAMPLE #3 – Number of days between two dates
Suppose you have a start date in cell B3, and an end date in cell C3. To calculate the number of days between the start & end date, use the formula:
=DATETIMEDURATION(B3, C3, “d”)
How To Adjust Security
If you have our software installed but it is not working as expected, your Office security settings may need to be configured:
- Open Microsoft Excel, then select the File menu, Options (your version may differ):
- In the left pane, select Trust Center, then click Trust Center Settings…:
- In the left pane, select Add-ins. Uncheck Disable all Application Add-ins. It is recommended to also uncheck Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher, otherwise you will be prompted to enable the DateTimeDuration add-in:
- Close and re-open Office.
- If prompted to enable the DateTimeDuration add-in, click Enable this add-in…, then click OK:
How To Uninstall
To remove Date Time Duration from your computer:
- In Windows, go to Add or remove programs:
- Scroll and select Date Time Duration, then click Uninstall: