Concatenate Range lets you join ranges of cells in Excel.
How To Install
- To install Concatenate Range, first download the free trial.
- As with all downloaded files, ensure the file is unblocked: right-click ConcatenateRangeSetup.msi, select Properties, and if you see an Unblock checkbox, check Unblock, then OK:
3. Double-click the ConcatenateRangeSetup.msi file. Click Next:
- If you agree, check I accept the terms of the License Agreement, then click Next:
- If desired, click Change… to change the install folder. Click Next:
- Click Install:
- Click Finish:
How To Use
- Open your Excel workbook.
- In your desired cell, type the following formula:
=CONCATENATERANGE(delimiter, ignore_empty, use_formats, range1, [range2], …)
Note: Excel may not show this formula or its arguments. However, if you type it, it will work correctly.
The arguments of the formula are as follows:
A text string that will separate the concatenated items. For example, a comma (,).
If TRUE (the default), empty cells are ignored.
If TRUE, the result will be formatted (e.g. a currency value of “1” will display as $1.00, etc).
If FALSE (the default), no formatting is applied.
Cell range to be joined (e.g. A1:B2).
Additional cell ranges to be joined (e.g. D3), if desired.
EXAMPLE #1 – Concatenating ranges of cells with formatting
If we have two cell ranges, A1:B2 and D3, as follows:
we can concatenate these values, separated by commas, and format their display, as follows:
EXAMPLE #2 – Concatenating ranges of cells without formatting
To concatenate the values from EXAMPLE #1 without formatting, we change the formula as follows:
How To Adjust Security
If you have our software installed but it is not working as expected, your Office security settings may need to be configured:
- Open Microsoft Excel, then click the Office button, then click Options (your version may differ):
- In the left pane, select Trust Center, then click Trust Center Settings…:
- In the left pane, select Add-ins. Uncheck Disable all Application Add-ins. It is recommended to also uncheck Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher, otherwise you will be prompted to enable the Concatenate Range add-in:
- Close and re-open Office.
- If prompted to enable two Concatenate Range add-ins, click Enable this add-in…, then click OK:
How To Uninstall
To remove Concatenate Range from your computer:
- In Windows, go to Add or remove programs:
- Scroll and select ConcatenateRange, then click Uninstall: